Wondering what the stats are for the AUG SMG in Modern Warfare? This guide takes you through the most important AUG weapon statistics.
We also review the best attachments and class setups for the AUG. The AUG is a decent submachine gun in Modern Warfare. It can be used for run and gun gameplay and can even be converted to an assault rifle.
Check out our AUG Steyr conversion guide if you want to know how to convert the AUG submachine gun into the AUG Steyr.
The AUG is a Black Ops original. The weapon was quite popular in Black Ops but was never a contender to the AK47 or the Galil. In Black Ops, the AUG features as an Assult Rifle. However, in Modern Warfare 2019, it is an SMG.
- Damage: 30 – 16
- Rate of Fire: 769RPM
- Recoil: Moderate(vertical)
To sum up the weapon statistics above, we can see that the AUG will kill in 4 to 6 shots at close to medium range. Any shots taken at longer ranges, the shots to kill will increase and the weapon becomes no longer viable. It has a high fire rate as is expected for an SMG. Its recoil is very controllable and with the correct attachments can be squashed. Check out our best attachments for the AUG below.
The best attachments for the AUG in Modern Warfare are the:
- 5.56mm conversion kit
- Commando Foregrip
- Stippled Grip Tape
The AUG is a great SMG in the game. However, the weapons base damage is a little low for some. The best attachment to counter this is the 5.56mm conversion kit, which essentially turns the AUG into an AR. This makes the AUG a 3 shot kill.
Moreover, when using the AUG as an SMG. The two best attachments are the Commando Foregrip and the Stippled Grip Tape. These two attachments combined give the AUG super snappy ADS times and really speed up your sprint out times.
Class 1 – AUG Kill Chain
The AUG Kill Chain class is great for getting more killstreaks. Here the AUG is kitted with the 407mm Lightweight barrel, G.I.Mini Reflex, FORGE TAC CQB Stock, 5.56mm Mags, and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The rest of the class is built for aggression and kills.
- Secondary: The .357 as a secondary.
- Perk 1: E.O.D is great for countering enemy Claymores and Proximity Mines.
- Perk 2: Kill Chain helps you stack killstreaks earned.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two lethals.
- Lethal: The Molotov Cocktail is so much fun. We don’t know why people don’t use it more.
- Tactical: The Smoke Grenade is a great tactical device. Use it to capture flags and objectives easier.
Class 2 – AUG Stealth
This class is great for stealth players. The AUG comes loaded with the Monolithic Suppressor, FTAC Ultralight Hollow, Commando Foregrip, Stippled Grip Tape and the Sleight of Hand perk.
The rest of the class is great for staying stealthy and hidden.
- Secondary: The 1911 as a secondary.
- Perk 1: Cold Blooded hides you from enemy air support and gets rid of your red name tag.
- Perk 2: Ghost hides you from enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Tune-up is great for getting your field upgrades quicker. Use Dead Silence for this class.
- Lethal: Semtex is great because it doesn’t cook and can stick to surfaces.
- Tactical: The Stun Grenade is very effective when clearing flags and objectives.
Class 3 – AUG All Round
The final AUG class is an all-rounder. Made for players who play aggressive and players who play more conservative. The AUG is loaded with the 407mm Lightweight barrel, Commando Foregrip, 32 Round Mags, Stippled Grip Tape and the Sleight of Hand perk.
The rest of the class caters to all playstyles.
- Secondary: The .357 is a trusted secondary. Especially with Snakeshot ammo.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. is great for protecting you from enemy lethals.
- Perk 2: Hardline will get you those killstreaks in one less kill.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened protects you from enemy tacticals.
- Lethal: The C4 is a great piece of equipment. Leave one on the Domination flag and when you hear the enemy is capping it. Time to Detonate.
- Tactical: The Stim saves you in those intense moments, use it.