Looking for the best class setups and attachments for the M13? This review takes an in-depth look at the M13 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
We look at weapon statistics such as the damage range, rate of fire and recoil. We also give our top-class setup suggestions for the M13 in Modern Warfare.
The M13 is based on the SIG MCX VIRTUS TACOPS. A semi-automatic assault rifle manufactured by Sig Sauer. However, the AR in Modern Warfare is fully auto. It is the first weapon of its kind to feature in Call of Duty.
- Damage: 24-18
- Rate of Fire: 923RPM
- Recoil: Horizontal (kicks strongly to the right)
- Headshots: 1.5x Damage
The M13 has the lowest damage of all the assault rifles in the game. However, it makes up for this with its very fast fire rate. Looking at the stats above we can see that the M13 can wipe out a player in 5 to 6 shots.
Again, this is not really an impressive damage range. However, combining the damage range with some headshots will bring the weapon down to a 3 to 4 shot kill range. So aim high as much as you can.
The best attachment for the M13 in Modern Warfare are the:
- Stippled Grip
- Skeleton Stock
- Tempus Marksman Barrel
- Tac Laser
If you have read our other Modern Warfare assault rifle reviews you will see that the Stippled Grip is the best attachment on most weapons in the game.
Another great attachment for the M13 is the Skeleton Stock. This drastically increases your sprint out time and the speed you can travel with the weapon.
M13 Class 1 – Killstreaks
This class is geared towards getting high killstreaks. The M13 is loaded with the Tempus Cyclone barrel, the Skeleton Stock, Merc Foregrip, 50 Round Mags, and the Stippled Grip.
The rest of the class is set up for maximizing ammo and lethality.
- Secondary: The Deagle as a secondary. Nothing says power and reliability like the Deagle.
- Perk 1: Scavenger to keep your ammo coming in.
- Perk 2: Hardline to speed up killstreak acquisition.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel for an extra lethal.
- Lethal: Claymores as a lethal. Make sure to place it on flank routes or on an objective.
- Tactical: Stun grenade as a tactical.
M13 Class 2 – Run and Gun Fun
This class is for you mobile players. Just watch out for the millions of windows you can be shot from (joke). The M13 is built with the Tempus Mini barrel, Tac Laser, No Stock attachment, Blackout ammo, and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The Blackout ammo is a sweet addition to this weapon. Not only does it increase the damage range, but it also gets rid of the bullet trajectory when firing the weapon. Moreover, the enemies you kill will not drop skulls for their teammates.
The rest of this class is geared towards speed and stealth.
- Secondary: The 1911 as secondary.
- Perk 1: Double Time as perk 1. It’s an essential perk for rushers.
- Perk 2: Ghost to keep you hidden from enemy radars.
- Perk 3: Tune Up allows your field upgrades to charge faster.
- Lethal: The C4 is very effective for clearing campers from windows.
- Tactical: The Stun is an old trusty tactical. Throw it around corners where you suspect the enemy to be.
M13 Class 3 – Hardcore Warrior
This class is made for players that love hardcore. The M13 is built with the Tempus Marksman barrel, the G.I Mini Reflex, the M13 Skeleton Stock, 60 Round Mags, and the Stippled Grip Tape. This combo makes the weapon deadly at long range as well as in close quarters combat.
The rest of the class is geared towards reconnaissance.
- Secondary: The .357 is the best handgun in the game. Unlocking the Snakeshot ammo turns it into a 1 shot kill machine.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. is very important in Hardcore as anything close to an explosion will wipe you out.
- Perk 2: UAVs are extremely powerful in Hardcore. Therefore, it is best to use Ghost.
- Perk 3: Tracker is a must-have perk in Hardcore because of the lack of minimap.
- Lethal: The Molotov Cocktail is so much fun in Hardcore. Just throw it into the enemy spawn route. Guaranteed easy kills.
- Tactical: The Heartbeat Sensor is excellent in both Hardcore and Realism modes. It gives you a good indicator as to where an enemy is. It is especially helpful when you find yourself held down in the enemy spawn.