Looking for the best class setups and attachments for the FN Scar 17 in Modern Warfare? As always we got you covered.
This guide breaks down the Scar assault rifle. We go over weapons statistics such as damage, fire rate, and recoil. We also look at the weapon objectively and go through the best attachments for the Scar.
Anyone who uses the Scar knows its aim down sights speed is really slow. It’s like an assault rifle with LMG ADS times. This holds the weapon back a lot. However, you must grind it out and level up the weapon. The scar becomes more viable as you unlock more attachments.
The Scar and its variants first appeared in Call of Duty with the release of Modern Warfare 2 in 2009. It has since appeared in Black Ops 2 and now Modern Warfare.
- Damage: 35 – 32
- Shots to kill: 3-4 shots to kill at any area of the body.
- Headshots: 2 shots to kill at any range.
- Fire Rate: 600RPM
- Recoil: Vertical
The Scar’s two biggest downfalls are its slow aim down sights speed and small magazine capacity. As a result, the best attachments are the attachments that curb these as much as possible.
To counter the ammo capacity, the 30 round magazine is an essential attachment for the Scar. Moreover, the best attachments to reduce ADS times are the Commando Foregrip and the Stippled Grip Tape. These two attachments together really speed up the ADS and allow for faster target acquisition.
Scar Class 1 – Rusher
This class is so much fun especially on the smaller maps that allow for run and gun gameplay. The Scar comes loaded with the Forge TAC CQC Pro barrel attachment, FTAC Collapsible Stock, Commando Foregrip, 30 Round mags, and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The smaller barrel combined with the shorter stock turns the Scar into an SMG.
The rest of the class is made for rushing and staying stealth.
- Secondary: The 1911 pistol as secondary.
- Perk 1: Double Time allows longer double sprint.
- Perk 2: Ghost is great for running and gunning. Especially now that it so easy to get a personal UAV.
- Perk 3: Tune Up helps you get your Field Upgrade faster, we recommend Dead Silence.
- Lethal: Remember to drop a Claymore on rush routes.
- Tactical: The Stun Grenade is a great tactical. Remember you can use it to stun equipment as well as enemies.
Scar Class 2 – Killstreak Getter
This class is for those that love to go for their killstreaks. The Scar is kitted with the 20” Forge TAC barrel, the VLK 3x Optic, the Commando Foregrip, 30 Round Mags and the Stippled Grip Tape.
This class makes the Scar a longe range scouting rifle, great for picking off targets from a distance. Remember to tap the trigger instead of spraying.
The rest of the class is geared towards maximizing ammo and equipment capacity. Nothing worse than running out of ammo when going for a high killstreak.
- Secondary: .50GS as the secondary. It is probably the most reliable pistol in the game. Find out why in our Modern Warfare Pistol Guide.
- Perk 1: Scavenger to keep your ammo stocks rolling in.
- Perk 2: Hardline to help you get killstreaks faster.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two claymores instead of one.
- Lethal: 2x Claymores.
- Tactical: The Stun as tactical.
Scar Class 3 – Defensive All Round
This class works great as an all-round class. However, it is built for defensive and objective-based players. Here the Scar is fitted with the Tac Laser, Solozero Reflex Sight, Commando Foregrip, 30 Round Mags and the Stippled Foregrip.
The remainder of the class is set up great for playing the objective.
- Secondary: The .357 is one of the most powerful secondaries in the game. Especially with Snakeshot ammo equipped.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. is essential when playing the objective.
- Perk 2: Restock is great for keeping your equipment stocked up.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened is another essential when playing the objective.
- Lethal: Proximity Mines are best used when planted on flags or near bombsights.
- Tactical: Try tossing the Snapshot grenade into the HQ’s or Hardpoint next time. Watch the enemies light up.