This review takes a look at the best class setups and attachments for the Oden in Modern Warfare.
We also look at weapon statistics such as the shots to kill, rate of fire and recoil. After we discuss the stats, we then give three suggestions on the best class setups to run when using the Oden assault rifle.
The Oden in Modern Warfare is based on the Russian made ASh-12.7 developed by TsKIB SOO for the Russian Federal Security Service. It is the first of its kind to be seen in a Call of Duty title.
- Damage: 48-36 / Torso Multiplier: 62-46
- Rate of Fire: 435RPM
- Recoil: Low(very controllable)
A review of the stats above, we can see that the Oden can kill in 2 to 3 shots depending on the range. Up close most shots will kill in 2 provided you land your shots in the upper torso area. However, at a distance, the Oden takes 3 shots to kill. Generally, this weapon will kill in 2 shots most of the time.
The Oden is a very versatile weapon. It can be used conservatively or it can be used for more aggressive gameplay. However, the best attachments for the Oden are the Stippled Grip to speed up ADS and weapon accuracy and the 25 round mags to counter the weapons low magazine size.
Oden Class 1 – All Round
This class is awesome for all situations. The Collusus Suppressor on the muzzle, the Factory 810mm on the barrel, Ultralight Hollow stock, Stippled Grip Tape and Sleight of Hand Perk.
The remainder of the class takes into account aspects of all gameplay styles.
- Secondary: The .357 as secondary is beast. Check out our Modern Warfare pistol guide for all the details on the .357.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. works great to protect you from Claymores and Proximity Mines.
- Perk 2: Ghost to keep you off the enemy UAV.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two nades.
- Lethal: The frag grenade is great for clearing the flag in domination. Remember to cook it first!
- Tactical: The Stun is an old reliable tactical equipment.
Oden Class 2 – Run and Gun
This class is for the rushers in Modern Warfare. The Oden comes kitted with the Factory 420mm barrel, 5mW laser, FORGE TAC Ballast Stock, 25 Round mags and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The rest of the class focuses on speed and stealth.
- Secondary: The .357 as secondary is very effective.
- Perk 1: Double time as perk 1. More sprint time means more speed.
- Perk 2: Ghost as perk 2. A necessary perk when rushing.
- Perk 3: Tune Up speeds up field upgrade acquisition.
- Lethal: The C4 is very effective for the rusher. Especially when clearing objectives.
- Tactical: Quickly chuck a stun and then a C4.
Oden Class 3 – Killstreak madness
This class is great for players that love to go on long killstreaks (disclaimer, if your aim sucks, don’t use the Oden for big killstreaks).
The Oden comes fitted with the Factory 420mm barrel, the 5mW Laser, G.I. Mini Reflex, Forge TAC Ballast Pack and the Stippled Grip Tape.
This set up maximizes speed and snappy ADS times.
The remainder of the class is tuned to help you stay alive while you rack up those killstreaks.
- Secondary: The Deagle as secondary is very powerful and accurate.
- Perk 1: Scavenger will make sure you never run out of ammo.
- Perk 2: Hardline lowers the killstreak count by one kill.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you an extra lethal so you can have extra Claymores on objectives or flank routes.
- Lethal: 2 Claymores in the lethal spot.
- Tactical: The Stun is great to use on players and also effective against enemy Claymores.