Looking for the best class setups for the MP5 in Modern Warfare? Our MP5 guide has you covered.
In this guide, we take an in-depth look at the MP5 weapon stats such as shots to kill, fire rate and more. We also evaluate the weapons best attachments and provide our top three classes for the MP5 SMG in Modern Warfare.
The MP5 is a fully automatic submachine gun in Modern Warfare. It made its Call of Duty debut with the release of COD 4 Modern Warfare in 2007. It has since been in many other titles including MW3 and Black Ops 2.
Other variants of the weapon, namely the MP5K has also appeared in Black Ops and MW2.
- Damage: 34-19 (3 to 6 shots)
- Rate of Fire: 833 RPM
- Recoil: Moderate(kicks up and slightly to the right)
As you can see from the weapon stats above. The MP5 kills in 3 to 6 shots. This depends on where you hit the body and the range you fire from. 3 shot kills are generally up close and if you land your shots to the torso area. The weapon drops off to 4-5-6 shots when at range or of you hit the legs or arms.
Most of the time, the MP5, like all SMGs in Modern Warfare will kill in 4 shots on average.
MP5 Best Attachments
The Best attachments for the MP5 are the Stippled Grip, a laser attachment and the 10mm Conversion Kit. The Stippled Grip is a great attachment to most weapons in Modern Warfare for increasing accuracy at longer ranges. The laser attachment is great for tightening your hip fire spread in close quarters. Finally, the 10mm conversion kit actually increases damage slightly making the MP5 a 3 to 5 shots to kill.
Adding a barrel attachment is also a good idea when using the MP5 for longer range gameplay. However, this weapon excels in close range so it is highly recommended to use it for that.
Class 1 – Stealth Soldier
This class is made for stealth and speed. The MP5 is loaded with a Monolithic Suppressor, FTAC Collapsible Stock, 10mm Auto Round Mags, Stippled Grip and Sleight of Hand.
The rest of the class is set up to integrate speed and stealth as well as maximizing equipment for survival.
- Secondary: The 1911 suppressed works a treat. Add further attachments as you like.
- Perk 1: Double time to keep you fast and durable.
- Perk 2: Restock to keep your lethals and tacticals coming in.
- Perk 3: Tune-up to charge Field Upgrades faster. Field upgrades are your choice.
- Lethal: Claymores as lethal
- Tactical: Stim Shot will save your life. Trust us.
Class 2 – All Rounder
This is one for the players who like to be aggressive as well as players who like to sit back and take their time. Equip the Compensator, 1mW Laser, Commando Foregrip, 10mm Rounds and Sleight of Hand.
This class combines a variety of playstyles. So there is a mix of everything below.
- Secondary: The 1911 is a trusty reliable. Add attachments as you’d like.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. will save you from capping objectives and those pesky camper claymores.
- Perk 2: Hardline will help you get those killstreaks in 1 less kill.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened helps protect you from enemy stuns and flash grenades.
- Lethal: C4 is a great tool against people using riot shields
- Tactical: Stun Grenade as a tactical.
Class 3 – Objective Fighter
This class is great for players that love to fight for the objective. This class works great on game modes such as Hardpoint and Domination. The MP5 is fitted with the Monolithic Suppressor, G.I. Mini Reflex, Classic Straight Line Stock, 10mm Rounds, and Stippled Grip Tape.
The objective-based class works wonders for those who love to get their killstreaks faster. Pointman will change you killstreaks into scorestreaks. This will make sure you really are rewarded for playing the objective.
- Secondary: The .50GS is a great reliable weapon in close quarters.
- Perk 1: Scavenger to keep the ammo supply rolling.
- Perk 2: Pointman takes a while to unlock but it is worth the wait.
- Perk 3: Use your two lethals to plant all over the objectives.
- Lethal: 2 Proximity Mines work great to defend flank routes and objectives.
- Tactical: Stun Grenade as the tactical.