That shotgun that everyone is using is called the 725 and yes! It is annoying. However, have you ever wondered what the best class setups and attachments are for the 725?
This guide will take you through the 725 stats, best attachments, and best classes. Who knows, maybe you can annoy people with it too.
The 725 shotgun is a 2 round break action shotgun in Modern Warfare. It is based on the Citori 725 hunting shotgun made by an American company called Browning.
The shotgun is an absolute beast with god-like range and accuracy. The 725 outclasses all other shotguns in range.
It is so effective at ranged shots that a lot of players use it as a sniper or marksman rifle. It is common to see players run the 725 with a ranged scope attached.
The 725 also has a high rate of fire for a 2 round shotgun at 171 RPM. The only thing holding it back like a shotgun of choice is its reload time due to the weapons break action.
However, this can be countered by using sleight of hand in your class to speed up reload times. The 725 is by far the best shotgun in Modern Warfare due to its insanely high damage range.
If you enjoy this guide… make sure to check out our other Epic Modern Warfare guides
- Why the R-90 is 2 shot RAPID BURST FIRING MACHINE
- Get the low down on the best pistol to DOMINATE in Modern Warfare
725 Best Attachments
The best attachments for the 725 in Modern Warfare are:
- Competition Barrel
- Green Laser Sight
- Tac Laser
- Merc Foregrip
- Tempus Slimgrip
The long barrel boosts the range even further and the green laser sight increases the spring out time by 20%. Making the weapon a lot more viable when rushing.
If using the weapon like a sniper rifle, it is recommended to attach a scope of your choice. Scopes are very subjective so this one is entirely up to you.
- Damage: 1-2 shots to kill
- Rate of Fire: 171RPM with 2 shots
- Range: 80 meters one-shot kill. Best used in close to medium range combat.
Best Class Setups
Below are the attachments that all your 725 classes should have. The Competition Barrel to extend the range further. If you don’t have it unlocked yet. Put on any barrel until you do. The Tac Laser tightens pellet spread and reduces sprint out times.
Finally, the Sleight of Hand perk makes reloading and using the weapon a lot faster. This setup requires leveling up the weapon put some time into it and it will pay off.
Class 1 – 725 Killstreaks
This class works great for getting those big killstreaks. For the 725 itself, use the recommended attachments above 1911 as a secondary.
- Perk slot 1: Scavenger will keep your ammo flowing. This is essential when aiming for the top killstreaks.
- Perk slot 2: Hardline will help you get your streaks faster.
- Perk slot 3: Tune Up will allow you to pull out your pistol even faster if needed.
- Lethal: Proximity Mines are great for getting easy kills.
- Tactical: The Stim shot will save your ass. Since unlocking it, it has saved our killstreak many times.
Class 2 – 725 Undetected
The 725 Undetected class is great for players who want to stay stealth while also being able to play objective-based game modes. The 725 follows the same setup as above. This time the .357 as secondary.
- Perk slot 1: Cold Blooded is a great perk to have on at least one of your classes. Nothing worse than being trapped in your spawn by a VTOL.
- Perk slot 2: Ghost to keep you off the radar.
- Perk slot 3: Battle-Hardened balances out the stealth theme of the class. If you decide to capture an objective you will at least be protected from enemy tactical equipment.
- Lethal: C4s are a quick and easy way to clear out campers hiding in windows.
- Tactical: The Flash Grenade can be used at your will.
Class 3 – 725 Sniper Class
This 725 Sniper Class is not intended to hurt the community spirit. However, it will make a lot of people want to uninstall the game.
As you can see, the 725 follows the same recommended attachment above with the addition of the sniper scope. If you don’t have it unlocked yet, play around with some of the other scopes first.
The P90 as the secondary if or when you run out of 725 ammo.
- Perk slot 1: You need Overkill attached here for the P90 as secondary.
- Perk slot 2: Ghost as perk 2 to hide you from enemies UAVs.
- Perk slot 3: Shrapnel gives you 2 claymores instead of 1.
- Lethal: 2 claymores to hold down stairways and flanks points.
- Tactical: The Smoke Grenade here is optional. However, it can be quite useful when evading a sticky situation.