Looking for the best class setups and attachments for the MK2 marksman rifle in Modern Warfare?
This guide takes you through all the juicy bits and explains the important features of the weapon. We look at statistics such as damage, fire rate, and recoil.
With these stats, we then give an overview of the weapon and recommend the best attachments to use. In addition, we give our top three class setups to run when using the MK2 marksman rifle.
The MK2 marksman rifle is the first of its kind in Call of Duty. It is a lever-action marksman rifle. Similar weapons appear in other titles such as the M2 Carbine from COD WWII.
- Damage: 90 – 70
- Rate of Fire: Lever Action
- Recoil: Low
Reading the stats above, we can see that the MK2 can take out enemies in 2 – 3 shots depending on where the shots land and the range the weapon is fired from. In very close range (18 meters), the weapon will kill in 1 shot provided the shots hit the chest and/or shoulders area.
The best attachments for the MK2 are the Stippled Grip Tape and Tac Laser. These two attachments combined drastically reduce your ADS and sprint-out times. Allowing you much faster target acquisition in close to medium range combat. For long-range gameplay, a 3x or bigger scope is recommended.
Class 1 – MK2 Carbine Aggression
This class works well for aggressive players. The MK2 is fitted with the Tac Laser, G.I. Mini Reflex, FSS MK2 Sport Comb, Stippled Grip Tape and Sleight of Hand perk.
The rest of the class keeps your ammo and equipment rolling in.
- Secondary: The Deagle is a great secondary.
- Perk 1: Scavenger keeps your ammo stocked up.
- Perk 2: Restock charges your mines and grenades every 30 seconds.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two mines.
- Lethal: The Proximity Mine is great for dropping on the flag or in the Hardpoint.
- Tactical: The Gas Grenade is best used to clear campers.
Class 2 – MK2 Carbine Lightweight
This class is for the players that like to stay mobile. The MK2 is fitted with the Compensator, Tac Laser, Ultralight Hollow Stock, Reflex Optic and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The remainder of the class is set up for speed.
- Secondary: The 1911 as a secondary is great.
- Perk 1: Double Time keeps you on your toes longer.
- Perk 2: Ghost makes sure you are hidden from enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Tune-Up charges your Field Upgrades faster.
- Lethal: The C4 is great for chucking into the enemies spawn.
- Tactical: The Stim shot is great for players that love close quarter combat.
Class 3 – MK2 Carbine Groundwar
The final MK2 class is the Ground war class. This class makes the MK2 even more deadly at long range. The MK2 is kitted with the Monolithic Suppressor, 24-inch factory barrel, Thermal Hybrid optic, the Comb stock and finally the Stippled Grip Tape.
This class setup is geared towards gaining points and countering enemy killstreaks.
- Secondary: The JOKR as a secondary is really useful for aiming at killstreaks aswel as players.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. protects you from explosive damage.
- Perk 2: Pointman turns your killstreaks into Scorestreaks.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened protects you from enemy stuns and flash grenades.
- Lethal: Claymore to counter enemies flanking.
- Tactical: The Flash grenade is great to throw on the objective when you know an enemy is trying to capture it.