Do you love using LMG’s in Modern Warfare? Looking for the best class setups and attachments for the SA87 in Modern Warfare? This guide has you covered.
We go in-depth into the SA87 light machine gun in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. We break down stats such as damage, rate of fire, and recoil.
With this knowledge we suggest 3 of the best class setups to run aswel as an overview of the best attachments for the weapon.
The SA87 is a Modern Warfare classic. It first appeared in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as the L86 LSW and has since appeared in MW3, COD Online and COD Mobile. However, the weapon has been renamed to the SA87 in Modern Warfare 2019.
- Damage: 34 – 30
- Rate of Fire: 600RPM
- Recoil: Moderate
From the stats above we can see that the SA87 can kill in 3 – 4 shots. Most of the time you will be eliminating enemies in 3 to 4 shots. In addition, aiming higher also allows for a much better chance of landing a headshot, which ultimately reduces your shots to kill.
The best attachments for the SA87 are the Commando Foregrip and the Stippled Grip Tape. These attachments combined, speed up the ADS and sprint out time dramatically. The SA87 is a great weapon when used as an assault rifle.
An optic of the player’s choice is also recommended on this weapon. We go for the G.I. Mini Reflex most of the time because it doesn’t slow down your mobility.
Class 1 – SA87 Objective
This class setup is great for those players that love to play the objective. The SA87 comes with the G.I. Mini Reflex, UltraLight Hollow stock, Commando Foregrip, Stippled Grip Tape and Sleight of Hand perk.
The remainder of this class is focused on defending and attacking the objective.
- Secondary: .357 as a secondary.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. is an essential perk if you play objective-based game modes.
- Perk 2: Ghost to keep you hidden from enemy radars.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened is a very important perk to use when you’re defending the OBJ.
- Lethal: Place your Claymore on flank routes or on the flag in Domination.
- Tactical: Make sure to flash the objective before you storm in.
Class 2 – SA87 CQB
This class caters to the players who prefer to run and gun. The SA87 comes loaded with the Compensator, 18.2inch barrel, FORGE TAC CQB stock, Commando Foregrip, and the Stippled Grip Tape.
The rest of the class is set up to make rushing easy.
- Secondary: The P1911 is a trusty secondary.
- Perk 1: Double Time gives you more sprint time.
- Perk 2: Ghost to keep you off the enemy radar.
- Perk 3: Tune Up charges your Field Upgrades quicker. Use Dead Silence.
- Lethal: C4s are powerful and effective at clearing campers.
- Tactical: The Stim shot is essential in any class where you’re in the enemy’s face.
Class 3 – Max Ammo
This SA87 class is geared towards maximizing ammo and equipment. Great for those longer killstreaks. The SA87 comes loaded with the Compensator, SA87 18.2 Factory stock, Commando Foregrip, and Stippled Grip Tape.
The rest of the class is geared towards maximizing ammo and equipment.
- Secondary: The Deagle as secondary.
- Perk 1: The Scavenger perk allows you to keep stocked up on ammo.
- Perk 2: Restock keeps your mines and gas grenades rolling in.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two lethals instead of one.
- Lethal: 2 Proximity Mines that constantly restock every 30 seconds.
- Tactical: Use Gas Grenades to distort the enemy while they’re capping flags.