Wondering what the best class setups and attachments are for the Kar98k in COD MW? Great! Because we’ve got the exact guide you’re looking for.
In the Kar98k guide below, we take a look at the weapons statistics such as damage range, recoil, and rate of fire. We then discuss how viable the weapon is based on these stats including an overview of the best attachments.
Finally, we have created 3 classes that are best to run when using the Kar98k.
The Kar98k is a Call of Duty classic and can be traced all the way back to the first Call of Duty released in 2003. It has made reappearances in many COD titles including Black Ops and WWII.
- Damage: 86 ( with upper body multipliers)
- Rate of Fire: 39RPM(Bolt Action)
- Recoil: Low
From the statistics above, we can see that the Kar98k can kill in 2 shots. However, if you shoot a player from up close(47 meters) and land a shot at their chest. The weapon will down a player in one shot. The rate of fire is slow because of the bolt action mechanism used to rechamber the rounds.
The Kar98k is a marksman rifle so it should be used for picking players off from a distance. Therefore, there are no real suggested attachments that stand out for this weapon.
However, the Singuard 25.1 inch barrel is statistically the best attachment for the weapon as it increases the weapon’s damage range and accuracy. A long-range scope of the player’s choice is advisable. Check out our suggested class setups for the Kar98k below.
Class 1 – Kar98k Aggression
The Kar98k aggression class is for those players that love to play aggressive. This class works great for that. Although, make sure your shots are on point. The Kar98k comes loaded with the Compensator, Singuard Custom 25.1 inch barrel, Reflex sight, Stippled Grip Tape, and the Frangible Wounding Perk.
The rest of the class is set up to maximize ammo and equipment.
- Secondary: The .357 with Snakeshot ammo is the best secondary in the game. Check out our .357 review guide while you’re here.
- Perk 1: Scavenger helps you stay loaded with ammo.
- Perk 2: Restock keeps your equipment refreshed.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel rewards you with 2 lethals instead of 1.
- Lethal: Two Proximity Mines here instead of 1.
- Tactical: The Stun grenade is great for clearing campers out of rooms.
Class 2 – Kar98k Laid Back
This Kar98k class is for the players who like to play more laid back. The Kar comes with the Singuard 27.6 inch barrel, Tac Laser and 4.0x Flip Hybrid optic, Stippled Grip Tape and the Recon perk.
The remainder of the class is set up for stealth.
- Secondary: The 1911 as secondary.
- Perk 1: Cold Blooded is very effective against long-ranged enemies such as snipers.
- Perk 2: Ghost to keep you off enemy radars.
- Perk 3: Tune Up to charge your field upgrade quicker.
- Lethal: Claymore as the lethal, place it in a doorway or on a flag.
- Tactical: The Stim is great for when you get sniped and the enemy skims you. Duck to cover and use the Stim, then jump right back into the action.
Class 3 – Kar98k Max Range
The final Kar98k class is geared towards maximum range and accuracy. The Kar98 is fitted with the Monolithic Suppressor, Singuard 27.6 barrel, Tac Laser, Variable Zoom Scope, and the Recon Perk.
The rest of the class is geared towards all-round game styles.
- Secondary: The reliable .50GS as secondary.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. to protect you from enemy explosives.
- Perk 2: Hardline to get your killstreaks in one less kill.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened protects you from enemy tacticals such as Stun and Flash grenades.
- Lethal: The Frag grenade is most effective when cooked before throwing.
- Tactical: Toss a flash just before the frag for maximum effectiveness.