Looking for the best class setups and attachments for the GRAU 5.56 Assault Rifle in Modern Warfare? As always we got you covered.
Today’s guide looks at the GRAU 5.56 AR in depth. We break the weapon down and look at stats such as damage, fire rate, and recoil.
With these stats we then suggest the best attachments to use on the GRAU 5.56. Furthermore, we give our recommendations on the best class setups to run with the GRAU 5.56.
The GRAU 5.56 is a compact variant of the SWAT-556 first introduced to COD in Black Ops 2. It is the first weapon of its kind to feature in Call of Duty.
Note: The GRAU 5.56 is unlocked at level 15 of the Battle Pass.
- Damage: 28-23-18
- Rate of Fire: 750RPM
- Recoil: Moderate(vertical)
- Time to Kill: 240ms
As we can see from the stats above. The GRAU 5.56 is a 4 to 6 shots Assault Rifle. It has a pretty moderate rate of fire for an Assault Rifle which makes the recoil quite predictable. It’s time to kill is moderate for ARs in Modern Warfare.
If you want to turn the GRAU into a true BEAST on the Battlefield. Check out our recommended attachments and class setups below.
The best attachments for the GRAU 5.56 are the ZLR Drifter A-08 and the XRK Void II Grip. These two attachments will drastically speed up sprint out time and target acquisition. Two very important aspects of Modern Warfare because of the fast Time to Kill.
Best Class Setups
Here are the top 3 best class setups for the GRAU 5.56 in Modern Warfare. These classes cater to a variety of playstyles so there’s something for everyone.
Class 1 – GRAU Rusher
This class is perfect for you crazy rushers out there that like to get in the enemy’s face. Kit the GRAU 5.56 with the following attachments:
- ZLR Drifter A-08
- Tac Laser
- G.I. Mini Reflex Scope
- FSS Blackjack
- XRK Void II Grip
The remainder of the class is built for speed and stealth
- Secondary: The 1911 is a handy pistol in most classes. Its fast fire rate and moderate damage make it a decent pick.
- Perk 1: Double Time will have you faster off the bat than others.
- Perk 2: Ghost keeps you hidden from those annoying enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Amped will have you using those C4s and stuns quicker.
- Lethal: The C4 is a rusher’s delight. Use it to clear campers from their safe spaces.
- Tactical: Try to stun the enemy, then quickly chuck a C4 in their direction.
Class 2 – GRAU Long Ranger
This GRAU class is built to maximize range and precision. It works great in Groundwar and 10v10 modes and any modes on bigger maps. Load the GRAU with the following attachments:
- FSS 26.4 Archangel
- 4.0x Flip Hybrid
- FSS Blackjack Stock
- XRK Void II Grip
- Perk: Recon
The rest of this long-range class is to keep you stealthy. This is important against the people who will try to counter your long-range tactics.
- Secondary: The .357 is an animal of a pistol. Make sure to attach the Snakeshot ammo for maximum bang for your buck.
- Perk 1: Cold Blooded will keep you hidden from enemy snipers or anyone using thermal optics
- Perk 2: Ghost to hide from enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel so you can rock 2 Claymores.
- Lethal: Claymores are essential if you play the long-range game. This means you will be out of the warzone. So you need to counter people trying to flank you.
- Tactical: Flash Grenades work a treat if you suspect someone is trying to flank your 6.
Class 3 – GRAU Battle Hardened
The final GRAU class is built for objective-based game modes and staying in the heat of the battlefield. Fit these attachments onto the weapon:
- ZLR Drifter A-08 Barrel
- Tac Laser
- G.I. Mini Reflex
- 60 Round Mags
- XRK Void II Rear Grip
The remainder of this battle class is built for keeping you strong and stocked up on equipment.
- Secondary: The .50GS is a powerful and reliable pistol. Why not try it out with the new Akimbo attachment.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. keeps you shielded from enemy explosive(one extra at least).
- Perk 2: Restock fills up your equipment every 30 seconds. Not a bad deal!
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened protects you from enemy tactical equipment. The objective gets swarmed by them, trust us.
- Lethal: The Proximity Mine is very effective. Just throw it onto the flag or bomb site.
- Tactical: Stim will give you that extra boost of health when needed most.