However, it does have the advantage of having a much higher fire rate because of its semi-automatic chamber system.
This guide goes in-depth and looks at the Dragunov sniper rifle in Modern Warfare. We look at the weapon stats such as damage, range, and rate of fire.
With these stats we then suggest the best attachments to use when running the Dragunov.
Finally, we give our 3 best Dragunov class setups to dominate with the sniper.
The Dragunov is a Call of Duty classic. It literally appeared in every COD accept Black Ops 3. It is a close cousin to the AK47 Assault Rifle. Both weapons were built during the Soviet Russia era.
- Damage: 1 shot kill close range
- Rate of Fire: Semi-Auto
- Recoil: Low
- Range: Close to medium range
We can see from the information above that the Dragunov sniper takes out enemies in close range with 1 shot. The weapon will fall off to 2 shots and medium to long-range.
We recommend using the weapon more like a marksman rifle and focus more on close to medium range combat.
The best attachments for the Dragunov are the 510mm Compact Barrel, Tac Laser and the FTAC Stalker Scout. These attachments combined really speed up your ADS time. However, the Tac Laser gives away your position so it should only be used when using the weapon in very close range.
Best Class Setups
Here are the top 3 class setups for the Dragunov in Modern Warfare. There are 3 class setups. Each loadout has a different goal or objective in mind.
Class 1 – Dragunov Groundwar
This class is perfect for Groundwar players. It’s built for destruction. Load the following attachments onto the sniper rifle:
- 660m Extended Barrel
- VLK 3.0x Optic
- Skeleton Stock
- 20 Round Mags
- Presence of Mind
The remainder of the loadout is built with death and destruction in mind.
- Secondary: The PILA is a very effective secondary. It also has a free aim mode so you don’t need to lock on.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. to counter enemy explosives.
- Perk 2: Restock to keep your equipment stocked up every 30 seconds. Its very effective in Groundwar because of the longer game time.
- Perk 3: Battle-Hardened is great to counter flash and stun spam when you’re trying to cap flags,
- Lethal: Plant a Claymore on a flag or at the bottom of busy stairs.
- Tactical: The Snapshot Grenade is quite effective especially in Groundwar where loads of enemies frequent around the same area. Your teammates will thank you for it.
Class 2 – Dragunov Silenced Scope
The Silenced Scope class is great for staying stealthy and quiet. Kit the Dragunov with these attachments:
- Monolithic Suppressor
- 660mm Extended Barrel
- Thermal Dual Power Scope
- Recon Perk
- 20 Round Mags
The rest of the loadout is geared towards staying invisible and countering other thermal snipers.
- Secondary: The .357 is a 1 shot killer in close range.
- Perk 1: Cold Blooded will eliminate Thermal optics.
- Perk 2: Ghost hides you from enemies UAV and Personal Radars.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel is so effective because it gives you two pieces of lethal equipment instead of one. 2 easy kills guaranteed nearly every time.
- Lethal: 2 Claymores bags you two easy kills. Plant them on rush routes and in doorways.
- Tactical: The Smoke Grenade is very effective when countering other snipers. Throw it down and run into the smoke. Now pick off enemies from within the smoke.
Class 3 – Dragunov Guns Up
The final class is geared towards players that love to run and gun. Load the Dragunov with these attachments:
- 510mm Compact Barrel
- Tac Laser
- Cronen C480 Pro Optic
- FTAC Stalker-Scout
The rest of the Guns Up class is perfect for players that have an aggressive style. You guys that like to stay on the move and fast.
- Secondary: The 1911 is secondary here because of its fast fire rate.
- Perk 1: Double Time to keep you on your toes. Guns Up!
- Perk 2: Ghost will make sure you are hidden from the enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Tune-up speeds up the charge rate of your class setups.
- Lethal: The C4 is great here especially for players that love to run and gun.
- Tactical: Stun your opponent and quickly follow up with a C4.