Are you wondering how to unlock the Crossbow in Modern Warfare? Today’s guide will take you through just that.
In this guide, we also go in-depth and look at the Crossbow weapon statistics such as damage, rate of fire and reload times.
With these stats, we then recommend the best attachments to use for the Crossbow and also provide the best class setup for the weapon.
The Crossbow is a COD classic. It has appeared in many major titles including BO1, BO2, and Advanced Warfare. It has always been an explosive tip Crossbow.
However, in Modern Warfare 2019, the explosive tips feature as an attachment. The weapon is rather oddly categorized as a marksman rifle. Whereas in the past it has always been a special or secondary weapon.
How to Unlock the Crossbow in Modern Warfare
There are two ways to unlock the Crossbow in Modern Warfare:
- Using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Scope get 5 kills in 25 different matches.
- Go to the store and buy the Crossbow blueprint. Note that you cannot change the base attachments on the blueprint. You can only add more.
- Damage: 90 – 101
- Rate of Fire: Slow(One arrow per shot)
- Recoil: Low
- Reload time: 3.9s
Reading the stats above we can see that the Crossbow will take out enemies in 1 shot from close to long-range. The maximum damage range is about 100 meters. Players need to aim at the torso area or above to get a 1 shot kill at 100 meters. Aiming at the legs will deal 90 damage.
The biggest downfall of the Crossbow is its abysmal reload speed at a painful 3.9 seconds until a full reload. Ouch! The Crossbow, like all Marksman Rifles, is a 1 shot kill to the head regardless of range.
The best attachments for the Crossbow are FTAC Speed Grip and XRK Thunder 200-pound. The Lethal FTAC Speed Grip will speed up the weapons aim down sights speed and sprint out time. It also makes the arrow velocity a lot stronger. The 200 Lb arm will extend the one-shot kill damage range.
Although it’s not an attachment, the Fast Hands perk is highly recommended on the Crossbow to counter it’s slow reload time. Equipping Fast Hands will shave ¾ of a second off the total reload speed.
We also suggest using a scope if you are not comfortable with the iron sights of the Crossbow.
NOTE: Stopping Power Rounds will make the Crossbow a 1 shot kill anywhere on the body. However, it is not worth losing the benefit of Fast Hands.
MORE EPIC MW GUIDES
- Learn how to Dominate with any Marksman Rifle – MR Guides
- Turn the Kilo 141 into a Pocket Rocket SMG
- Explore all our in-depth Modern Warfare Guides
Best Crossbow Class Setup
Here is our best class recommendation when running the Crossbow.
This class is a great all-rounder suitable for most playstyles. It is recommended to use the Crossbow in medium to long-range combat. Attach the following to the weapon:
- FTAC Speed Grip
- 200 Pound Arm
- Fast Hands Perk
- FTAC Fury 20” Bolts
- Optic of the players choice
- Secondary: The 1911 fast firing and handy to whip out if you find yourself in a heated situation.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. to protect you from explosive damage.
- Perk 2: Ghost to make sure you are hidden from enemy radars.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel to give you 2 lethals instead of one.
- Lethal: 2 claymores.