Are you looking for the best class setups and attachments for the FR 5.56(FAMAS) in Modern Warfare? This guide takes you through everything you need to know about the FR 5.56 including weapons statistics such as shots to kill, fire rate and recoil.
We also go through the best class setups and attachments including a discussion on each attachment and why it is the best for the weapon. Each class setup is also explained and discussed accordingly.
The FR 5.56 is, in fact, the FAMAS from previous Call of Duty titles. It originally appeared in COD 4 Modern Warfare and has since reappeared in MW2, BO, and MW3.
- Damage: 40-32
- Shots to Kill: 1 burst/ 1 shot – if all shots land to the upper chest. When in semi-automatic mode, the FAMAS can kill in 1 shot in close to medium range.
- Range: Long
- Recoil: Low to Moderate
The FR 5.56 should be used as a long-range scouting assault rifle. Therefore, we highly recommend attaching a scope you are comfortable with. The iron sights are very clunky. The staple attachments are the Commando Grip and the Stippled Grip Tape. These two attachments combined give the FAMAS deadly ADS speed and sprint out time.
FR 5.56 Best Class Setups
Class 1 – Killstreak Warrior
Here is a class for the players who love to get their killstreaks faster. The FR is kitted with the TAC Laser, Reflex scope, FR Ultralight Hollow, Commando Foregrip and the Stippled Grip Tape. This makes the FR very mobile and accurate.
The rest of the class is set up for speed and aggression.
- Secondary: The 1911 as secondary is very handy in close range.
- Perk 1: Double Time is great for getting around the map quicker.
- Perk 2: Hardline helps you get your killstreaks faster.
- Perk 3: Tune-Up makes your Field Upgrades charge faster, we suggest Dead Silence in this class.
- Lethal: Molotov Cocktails just for fun.
- Tactical: The Stun Grenade as a tactical.
Class 2 – Enemy Killstreak Destroyer
This class is for quick swapping when you hear an enemy VTOL or other killstreak has been called in. The FR itself is set up for range and precision.
The first attachment is the 24.4 Sniper barrel, the Reflex Sight, Commando Foregrip, Stippled Grip Tape and Recon Perk.
The remainder of the class is geared at being hidden while you destroy enemy air reinforcements.
- Secondary: The PILA rocket launcher is great for lock-on and free aiming targets.
- Perk 1: Cold Blooded will protect you from being shot by enemy killstreaks.
- Perk 2: Ghosts saves you from enemy UAVs.
- Perk 3: Amped will allow you to swap to your PILA super quick.
- Lethal: The Semtex is very effective against the Wheelson.
- Tactical: Throw your Smoke grenade down before aiming for that killstreak.
Class 3 – All Round
This class suits every player. It is nice up close as well as taking your time and picking off enemies from a distance.The FR 5.56 is loaded with the 24.4 Sniper barrel, Solozero Optic, Commando Foregrip, 60 Round Mags, and the Stippled Grip Tape.
This weapon loadout is a little bit less mobile but deadly at precisional range shots.
The remainder of the class is geared towards staying alive and stealthy.
- Secondary: The .357 is a beast secondary. Use it with Snakeshot ammo.
- Perk 1: E.O.D. protects you from enemy explosives provided you are not already hurt.
- Perk 2: Ghost to hide you from the radar.
- Perk 3: Shrapnel gives you two lethals.
- Lethal: Proximity Mines as the lethal, plant them on flank routes or on the objective.
- Tactical: The Stim shot will help you regenerate faster if you come under intense fire.